Update 3.0 unlocking the new Sumeru region in Genshin Impact 3.0 just around the corner, so it’s time to get acquainted with the information and high-profile leaks that we have today.
According to leaksthe next version to come after version 2.8 is 3.0. The developers decided to skip update 2.9, as they did with patches 1.7 – 1.9 earlier. This is most likely due to the scale of the update: the new version will have a whole new region, many characters, a huge number of new events and quests, a new element and new game mechanics. We advise you to read the article to the end, because there is really a lot of content!
Please note that current information is not yet confirmed and is not final.. Almost every day, insiders and beta testers tell us about the changes, so it’s hard to keep track of everything. Full and accurate information will appear only after the announcement of the update by the developers during the live stream.
Genshin Impact 3.0 release date
Update 3.0 is out as scheduled August 23, 2022, 6 weeks after version 2.8. Most likely, the developers will not postpone this date, so it is worth waiting for the announcement by this time.
Will Sumeru appear in Genshin Impact 3.0?
Beta testers reported that 3.0 introduces a new region for the first time – Sumeru. He personifies the element of dendro, and also has a rather interesting story associated with his archon – Kusanali or goddess of wisdom. We will be told more about this either in the main plot of the game, or in the tasks of the legends. One thing is for sure – Sumeru will appear very soon with a huge amount of content. It is noteworthy that Map 3.0 will be about half or 3/4 (75%) Li Yue in size, after the expansion it will become even larger.
Genshin Impact 3.0 map
Green quadrants are places for future territories. In 3.1, the map will have to be expanded (?).
Sumeru is to the left of the Rift. The rainforests are not separated by the Inazuma Islands. There will also be islands on the territory of Sumeru (coastal territory). There is a Temple near the port of Sumeru to the west of Watatsumi Island.
What new characters will be in Genshin Impact 3.0?
Version 3.0 is very rich in new characters! But, in the role of playable in the next update, only three will appear: it is already known to us Dory, Tignari and Colleyabout which we already know quite a lot.
Tignari Genshin Impact
- Rarity: 5★
- Element: Dendro
- Weapon: Onion
- Model: Boy teen
- Clothing and footwear: Long shorts, boots with laces, has a long cape on the shoulders (?), made in gradient bright green tones
- Appearance: Dark hair, short and straight, two lime green stripes on his bangs, fluffy tail, long ears (from Ubatcha)
- Occupation: Expert Botanist
- Character: Energetic and cheerful “genki*” character
*Genki is an energetic and cheerful character
Tignari Combat Talents
• Level 1: Shoots an arrow with Dendro infusion that deals damage to Dendro
• Level 2: Fires (Flowerpot?) arrows, dealing damage to Dendro. Upon hit, 4 arrows (Hidden Flowers?) will be created that will automatically fly at nearby enemies, dealing AoE damage to Dendro
• Throws an object that deals damage to Dendro in an area and creates a field in which enemies enter a state of “chaos”
• Tignari reduces the time to charge a second level shot for the duration of the ability or until he fires 3 charged shots
• Gathers (the power of all seeds) and fires arrows that target nearby enemies, dealing damage to Dendro. When these shots hit enemies, they create identical arrows that fly at nearby enemies and deal additional Dendro damage.
• Marks Sumeru curiosities on the mini-map
Dory Genshin Impact
- Rarity: 4★
- Element: Electro
- Weapon: Two-handed sword
Dory’s fighting talents
• Creates a turret that fires Electro damage. When projectiles hit an enemy, the turret fires two more bullets that travel towards the nearest enemy, dealing additional Electro damage.
• Summons the “Spirit of the Lamp”, which connects with the active character, restoring HP and energy. The link will still deal Electro damage to enemies that touch it.
• 25% chance to return some character and weapon Ascension Materials during crafting
“Oh my goodness? Is it really a famous Traveler? I am a traveling merchant, Dori Sangema Bay. Here is a gift in honor of our first meeting – a 10% discount on all my goods, come and choose soon! I’ll help pack everything~”
Colley Genshin Impact
- Name: Collei
- Rarity: 4★
- Element: Dendro
- Weapon: Onion
Colley Combat Talents
• Throws a boomerang that deals damage to Dendro, both during the throw and during the return
• Throws a small mechanical cat buddy (🥺) that explodes dealing AoE damage to Dendro
• After the explosion, the cat remains on the field, continuing to inflict Dendro area damage
• Reduces the active character’s stamina consumption while flying by 20%.
“Forest Ranger in training, Collei, has come to duty! I will ensure your safety while traveling through the forest! Phew, finally I was able to pronounce this intro. I hope I said it right…”
Reran Gan Yu and Zhong Li in 3.0
According to unconfirmed information, in the first patch of Sumeru, we will see a repetition of Gan Yu and Zhong Li. For now, we are skeptical about it.
Artifacts Genshin Impact 3.0
Memories of a dense forest
✦ 2 items: Dendro damage bonus 15%;
✦ 4 items: When an enemy takes Dendro elemental damage, their Dendro resistance will be reduced by 25% for 8 sec.
Works also outside the field.
Golden dream in the ornament
✦ 2 items: MS increases by 80;
✦ 4 items: each time after a reaction. Depending on the number of characters of the same element, ATK increases by x/x/x, depending on the number of characters of different elements, MC increases by x/x/x for 8 seconds.
Can “earn” when a character with this set is not on the battlefield.
This is all the known information for today, but the post will be constantly updated with new data as they become available.